Saturday, 14 April 2012

Mike's 300 Workout x 4

I have noticed some good changes in my body shape recently. My weight has stayed the same but my body fat has dropped 2-3% and I have lost 2 inches on my waist. I have changed a few things with my diet and also dropped my cardio sessions from 4-5 per week to 1-2 per week.

Rather than worrying about cardio, I have incorporated full body circuit sessions. I do supersets and keep rest periods to 20-30 seconds between sets. My heart rate gets higher than it does when I do cardio.

I have been doing a 1000 rep circuit, but today I added two more exercises to make it 1200 reps. I chose 12 exercises and did 7 sets of 15 reps of each (it actually works out to 1260 reps). Every muscle group got a smashing at least once!

I used 4 groups of triplesets making it 12 exercises.

Tripleset #1 (7x15 of each)
Barbell Back Squat - Close Grip Pushups - Hanging Leg Raise

Tripleset #2 (7x15 of each)
Barbell Incline Bench Press - Standing Calf Raises - Standing DB Bicep Curl

Tripleset #3 (7x15 of each)
Straight Leg Deadlift - Overhead Tricep Extension - Box Jumps

Tripleset #4 (7x15 of each)
Bent Over Rows - Weighted Back Extension - Standing DB Shoulder Press


Rest 20-30 seconds between supersets.
Use rest/pause breaks to finish sets to 15 reps.
Get ready to work hard. This is tough. I almost had a spew on 3 occasions.
This workout took me just over 90 minutes in total.
Have fun!

4 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I have a quick question about your blog, do you think you could email me?
    David

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi David

      Email me at mjweggelaar@hotmail.com

      Delete
  2. Hi Mike, this sounds like cardio. I say no to that.

    Your sincerely,

    David

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for correcting me sir.
      I actually love cardio

      Delete