I like to do 5 supersets for a total of 10 exercises and a combined total of 1050 reps. It's not easy, but it's good fun and you don't have to use heavy weights! My workout looks something like this:
A 7x15 Bench Press (65kg)
B 7x15 Bent Over Row (70kg)
Triceps Bench Dips
C 7x15 Squats (60kg)
Weighted Crunch (40kg)
D 7x15 SL Deadlifts (80kg)
Standing DB Biceps Curl (14kg)
E 7x15 Standing Military Press (40kg)
Calf Raises (120kg)
- Rest 30-45 seconds between sets (Keep heart rate high for fat burning)
- Choose a weight that you can do 20 reps with (approx 60% of 1RM)
- Change the exercises for each body part each time.
- Reduce weight on final sets if you need to maintain 15 strict reps
- Stay hydrated – you will sweat like a pig if you train properly!
Don’t get me wrong. I am all for heavy weight training. But if you’re bored and want to change things around, then give this a try. High repetition workouts increase blood flow and enhance nutrient delivery to the muscle. It can create a spike in nitric oxide and increase testosterone and growth hormone levels to stimulate muscle growth.
Train hard, Eat Well, Rest and Grow!